The Distillery is mentioned for the first time around 1895. It belonged at that time to Mr. Joseph Fontaine.
Later, it belonged to Alphonse Saxoud, who held until 1962. Mr. Saxoud is the creator of Williamine, eau-de-vie of William pears. He gave the name to a Valais distillery in the 50s.
In 1963, the distillery was taken over by H. and A. Zumbach Plan-les-Ouates. Since July 2001, they have entrusted the management to Daniel Brenner, grower-winemaker, graduated from the school of Changins.
In the canton of Geneva still remain two distilleries: to Saconnex d'Arve and Distillery J. Bocquet to SÚsenove. Itinerant distilleries have ceased their activities in the 70s.