1737-1860 : Monastery of “la Grande-Chartreuse”
Located in the Chartreuse mountain, the Monastery of
“La Grande Chartreuse” is the Mother House — the Headquarters — of the Chartreuse Order.
This is where, after years of study, the Elixir Végétal – from the manuscript given by Marshall d’Estrées – is finally produced in 1737.
The Elixir is followed by the production of Green Chartreuse in 1764.